View Single Post
      09-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Dino355
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 SB BMW M2 Competition

Cool I've only gone and bought an e46 m3 :)

So finally after wanting one of these for like ever, I've finally got one.

I was actually going to start looking in November but after having a look around at the plethora of cars for sale last week one in particular stood out from the rest, keenly priced, a decent spec and my favourite colour! Arrangements were made to view, finances arranged (really should have been patient and sold the e90 first!!!) and after viewing it today in Milton Keynes I bought it and drove it back.

2003 53 reg
MOT May 2013
Tax Nov 2012
5 owners
Imola Red
SMG II
19" Alloys in Anthracite
Xenon Headlights
LED rear lights
Sat Nav
Black Nappa Leather
Electric Memory Seats
Heated front seats
Electric Bolsters
Electric Lumbar Support
Bluetooth
Electric Power Folding Mirrors
Harmon Kardon HiFi
6 Disc CD Changer
15,000 miles remaining until Inspection II

Truth be told I would have preferred a manual but I wasn't averse to the idea of SMG and after a decent drive in it today it's actually quite good! OK it's not the masterpiece that the DCT box of the e90 M3s is but it's still good nonetheless.

The auto mode is a Godsend in traffic and the manual mode is great fun although some practice is needed with the throttle control when changing up through the box.

Unfortunately I don't have the space to keep it at home yet until the e90 sells so I won't be using it much yet.

Here are some pics I took soon after I bought it. On the way home we took a flying visit to Evolve where a friend was having one of their carbon airboxes fitted.

It's not perfect but it drives very well, with only a couple of light scratches on the sides that need sorting and the usual stonechips on the leading edges of each of the arches and the front end of course.

It could do with a proper clean and detail, something I'm sure I'll take satisfaction in doing!

Plans are to do a full service (all fluids, filters, plugs etc) regardless of what the service indicator says. Will also be fitting my BMW Performance 6 pot Brembos and some CSL brake discs. I'd also like to get rid of the Dunlop Sport front tyres and the Fullrun (!) rear ditch finders! Whilst all the tyres are quite new cars like this need and deserve premium boots. Oh and I will also fit my 10mm Eibach spaces to the front wheels. Needs an n/s rear light unit too as there is a crack in it (previous owner put some black tape over it as a temp fix!)

Feels good to be back in an M