View Single Post
      12-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #46
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

I used to have the Audison Bit One in my previous car but this time I've bought myself a JBL MS8 off ebay too lol. Bought it way back in September so my audio has been lying around since then lol. JBL MS8 is in essence the same as an Audison Bit One but the MS8 calibrates automatically (to some degree) so less faffing around tuning the sound, whereas the Bit One is for someone who has patience and knowledge to sit witha laptop and adjust the sound to match their liking exactly.

Big debate on which one's better.. I'm no sound expert but I know I just didn't want to keep going back and forth to a car audio shop to have the thing tuned to my liking, I'd rather have it automatically done to the best possible sound and leave it at that. The only downside to the MS8 is that once calibrated.. you cannot tweak it - otherwise this would be the win-win!

Still, both are capable enough to render an excellent SQ and award wininng products. RRPS for both is IRO £600 LOL, but Bit Ones can be had fro anywhere between £200 - £400 second hand which is a steal if the lower end of the bracket!

I'm not sure about coding to HIFI advantages / disadvantage, speak to 'Makkano' on that - he codes and he'll be able to advise you on that.