02-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #70
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
I think there three E82's with Bilsteins and Swifts.

And no, they are not adjustable. Both B6 and B8 dampers.
They actually make a Bilstein B6 adjustable rebound shock for our cars. Its available in Europe and to get them you have to order them from Turner Motorsports . Com. They have the shocks shipped over to them, then ship to yhe customer.

Now B6 is for stock height springs. So oem sport springs & M-sport springs

The B8 sport shocks are shorter overall, and are designed for "springs that will lower the car over an 1" lower than stock sport package ride height.

Now idk why the knob adjustable B6 shocks are primarily marketed and sold in europe and other countries.

I also dont know why they didnt make an easily knob adjustable rebound B8 sport shock! Makes no sense to me. I guess they figure at that point you're ready for a coilover? IDKKK

All the Bilsteins shocks/struts are considered to be of very high quality.
The B12 kit(B8 struts/shocks w/Eibach Pro-Kit springs) is very well known now to dramatically improve handling over stock sport suspension, lower the car slightly, just enough to eliminate the wheel gal, and actually have a BETTER ride quality than stock.

As for me, im really really torn between the:
1) Koni yellow's and i guess H&R springs or Eibach springs
2) Bilstein B12 kit or B12 kit but with different springs (if better are to be found from others)

I like the fact that the koni yellow's are rebound adjustable, the only problem is that the rears need to be removed to adjust the rebound so that kind of deafeats the purpose of that. I know Dinan makes a custom koni yellow with knob adjustable rear shocks that you can adjust the rebound from inside the trunk on top of the shock tower. But theyre like $300 each or something ridiculous. Theyre claimed to be of custom valving to Dinan specs, but thats been debated and is believed to be not true.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions.....

Side note: the Bilstein B4 shocks are an aftermarket, direct oem replacement, for regular non-sport E90's. They have a great ride quality and will improve handling and no cost to ride quality.

Anthony
Appreciate 1