Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDBooSTIn90 View Post
They actually make a Bilstein B6 adjustable rebound shock for our cars. Its available in Europe and to get them you have to order them from Turner Motorsports . Com. They have the shocks shipped over to them, then ship to yhe customer.

Now B6 is for stock height springs. So oem sport springs & M-sport springs

The B8 sport shocks are shorter overall, and are designed for "springs that will lower the car over an 1" lower than stock sport package ride height.

Now idk why the knob adjustable B6 shocks are primarily marketed and sold in europe and other countries.

I also dont know why they didnt make an easily knob adjustable rebound B8 sport shock! Makes no sense to me. I guess they figure at that point you're ready for a coilover? IDKKK

All the Bilsteins shocks/struts are considered to be of very high quality.
The B12 kit(B8 struts/shocks w/Eibach Pro-Kit springs) is very well known now to dramatically improve handling over stock sport suspension, lower the car slightly, just enough to eliminate the wheel gal, and actually have a BETTER ride quality than stock.

As for me, im really really torn between the:
1) Koni yellow's and i guess H&R springs or Eibach springs
2) Bilstein B12 kit or B12 kit but with different springs (if better are to be found from others)

I like the fact that the koni yellow's are rebound adjustable, the only problem is that the rears need to be removed to adjust the rebound so that kind of deafeats the purpose of that. I know Dinan makes a custom koni yellow with knob adjustable rear shocks that you can adjust the rebound from inside the trunk on top of the shock tower. But theyre like $300 each or something ridiculous. Theyre claimed to be of custom valving to Dinan specs, but thats been debated and is believed to be not true.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions.....

Side note: the Bilstein B4 shocks are an aftermarket, direct oem replacement, for regular non-sport E90's. They have a great ride quality and will improve handling and no cost to ride quality.

Anthony
Yep, you're right. They make adjustable B6's indeed, I just forget things. I didn't really look into them and went with the B12 kit for our M Sport E91. I'd give you feedback, but even after three months I still have not ordered all the replacement parts, lol. Hopefully next week!

Koni Yellow + BMW Performance springs is apparently a stellar combo. I know a guy (E91 xi) with Yellows and H&R springs and he's loving them, too.

Get that kit installed! I wait for reviews, oh and also someone posted below. See how it is with the car fully loaded up 4 full size adults and some cargo and see how it handle the weight.

Make sure to at least order new front strut mounts, rear upper shock mounts(dinan makes a poly version which you gain some travel with), rear shock lower mounts. Its all rubber wearable parts and if your stock suspension is worn out im sure they're all worn out as well. No point of installing new struts on strut mounts that are shot!

Ahh now you're making it harder for me. I was saying to myself. Im sure the Bilsteins are set nicely right out of the box eliminating the need for adjustable rebound. I was going to go with the B12 kit when it came time(few months).

Theyre not coilovers i know that fully going into this. I cant expect coilover level adjustability.

But i also dont want the car to be a stiff track car just yet

But now you got me thinking. I can go with the koni yellows. Have the small rebound adjustment window to make it how i like it. And also try different springs until I find the combo I want. Like as you said koni+H&R or koni+bmw ps yellow springs ( which i never thought of).

Right now im doing some other things first. Beefing up the stock brakes as much as i can, they will be fine for me, for now. Brass guide pins, ate blue brake fluid, cool carbon pads, rotors are basically new and are oem which i found to be pretty good quality for a single piece steel rotor. Also ss brake lines soon.

All new shifter bushings to get rid of the little slop i have from the bad design. Going from Oem rubber to ecs teflon bushings. UUC DSSR for a solid link between shifter and trans.

Im good on power right now. I have DP's, MHD stage 1(still no fmic). Its fast. I need to upgrade my tires and all the rear bushings alrdy at this power level. So theres that too. Ahh never ends!
Appreciate 0