02-11-2016, 02:05 PM   #79
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDBooSTIn90 View Post
Get that kit installed! I wait for reviews, oh and also someone posted below. See how it is with the car fully loaded up 4 full size adults and some cargo and see how it handle the weight.

Make sure to at least order new front strut mounts, rear upper shock mounts(dinan makes a poly version which you gain some travel with), rear shock lower mounts. Its all rubber wearable parts and if your stock suspension is worn out im sure they're all worn out as well. No point of installing new struts on strut mounts that are shot!

Ahh now you're making it harder for me. I was saying to myself. Im sure the Bilsteins are set nicely right out of the box eliminating the need for adjustable rebound. I was going to go with the B12 kit when it came time(few months).

Theyre not coilovers i know that fully going into this. I cant expect coilover level adjustability.

But i also dont want the car to be a stiff track car just yet

But now you got me thinking. I can go with the koni yellows. Have the small rebound adjustment window to make it how i like it. And also try different springs until I find the combo I want. Like as you said koni+H&R or koni+bmw ps yellow springs ( which i never thought of).

Right now im doing some other things first. Beefing up the stock brakes as much as i can, they will be fine for me, for now. Brass guide pins, ate blue brake fluid, cool carbon pads, rotors are basically new and are oem which i found to be pretty good quality for a single piece steel rotor. Also ss brake lines soon.

All new shifter bushings to get rid of the little slop i have from the bad design. Going from Oem rubber to ecs teflon bushings. UUC DSSR for a solid link between shifter and trans.

Im good on power right now. I have DP's, MHD stage 1(still no fmic). Its fast. I need to upgrade my tires and all the rear bushings alrdy at this power level. So theres that too. Ahh never ends!
I'm ordering parts as we speak. Should be here next week.

I've got KW V2 on the 135i and everything else stock... They have helped immensely, but sometimes I feel it's still kinda sloppy. Can't really explain it. Let's hope the M3 subframe bushings will make a difference so big that I won't have to buy more parts.

I don't really know how guys can run 400hp on a otherwise stock E82. It must be twitchy as hell. For me, it's always in this order: 1) driver mod, 2) tires, 3) suspension, 4) power... which I am not gonna fiddle with. It's perfect as is.