United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i MT w/ M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDBooSTIn90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey911
I too find my M sport suspension on my nearly 50,000 miles E92 very

The longer I drive on highway, the more uneven road surfaces I drive on, the harder I drive, the worse it feels.

The suspension acts so dramatically over small speed bumps, wheels almost feel like off the ground for a second, even going through it slowly.

Needless to say on highway, it's like floating, bouncy bounce bounce.

When I drive hard (like a dbag going left and right), it feels like the car is throwing itself around, in a super dramatic way! Accelerate and letting go throttle, the car literally dip itself to the front, not even braking yet!! On the back roads on the other hand (still driving very hard), doesn't feel as bad as all other situations... Only problem is it doesn't say flat at all.

According to my research (not 100% accurate) that the B12 Pro-kit is same or even better than the BMW Performance Suspension kit. I will probably end up getting this in the spring as well. Now the question is which set of sway bars?
You will enjoy the Bilstein B12 pro-kit, it will literally help the car dramatically in all the weakness areas you and so many other e90 drivers complain about.

Just to give you a better input on sway bars. What is you cars current spec. Year, model, RWD or AWD, sport or non-sport?

For RWD 335i's with sport package, i recommend:

Bilstein B12 pro-kit (or equivalent if preferred). Upgrades the crappy stock sport dampers. Stiffens and lowers car for better cornering and lower center of gravity reduces body roll..

For the front:
-New OEM sport strut mounts for the new struts
-M3 front control arms (stiffer bushings and dramatic increase in turn-in response
-E90/E92 M3 front sway bar (need M3 sway bar bushings and M3 bushing brackets, and new end-links). Keeps car flatter on turns and quick transitions. Also a big upgrade.

For the rear:
-Dinan poly upper rear shock mounts & new rear lower shock mounts for new shocks
-Solid rear subframe bushings or M3 if keeping it more conservative/ M3 clone. If looking for simple install, poly inserts work very well.
-M3 differential bushings. Do not run solid or stiff poly diff bushings, with solid subframe bushings, if your not willing to compromise in the NVH department.
-Now as far the rear sway bar, i would leave it stock unless you have a LSD installed or plan on installing one. Because an M3 or aftermarket sway bar will be stiffer and will not allow the tires to make contact with the road as evenly, and with an open diff you're actually going to decrease overall traction. If you still want to upgrade the rear sway bar, you could go with an E93 (convertible) non-M sport package rear sway-bar, it is slightly thicker than an E90/E92 sport package rear sway bar by a little bit.
-Also if your willing to spend the $ you can get the other stronger aluminum rear M3 arms and adjustable camber arm i believe made by a few companies, one i can think of right away is the the rear Megan Racing rear adjustable arms
-LSD!!!

This makes for a GREAT start for a very well handling RWD E90.

Of course, tires should be the first thing you do, they will make the biggest difference right off the bat and are often overlooked. Crappy tires on a 5k$ coil-over setup and a fully built suspension setup means nothing.
On the other hand, great tires can make a so-so suspension setup feel that much better.

Also lighter wheels to go with the new tires will make a noticeable difference to reduce unsprung weight and rotational mass.

A good option is to get a set of nice strong lightweight rims and good performance summer tires. Use those in spring in winter. Then put a set of good all seasons or even winter tires, depending on your area to use in the fall and winter weather. This will keep your new rims in better condition and keep your new expensive tires lasting a longer period of time.

For Xdrive vehicles, your options are a little more limited and you must plan out your setup a little more because none of the front M3 parts will fit on an AWD E90. You will need to upgrade the control arms with poly bushings, aftermarket adjustable sway bar, still get the AWD version of the Bilstein B12 pro-kit ( AWD Model B8 sport struts, B8 sport shocks, Eibach pro-kit lowering spring kit).

The rear of the Xdrive E90's is the same as the RWD, so subframe bushings, diff bushings, sway bars, and control arms will fit. I don't know how the E90 Xdrive models respond to stiffer front and rear sway bars bc i don't have an Xdrive I'm willing to upgrade and haven't researched it. So therefore I can't really input on that aspect.

Anthony
Thank you for that!

I have 2011 E92 N55 335i M Sport RWD, wavetrac LSD, so I guess my choice will be M3 sway front and rear?

Lots of suspension part to refresh/upgrade
Appreciate 0