View Single Post
      04-07-2023, 09:00 PM   #105
melvin_213
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Anybody run into the issue doing this flush then resulting in a constant whine, then fluid gushing out the reservoir?

I got a 2007 BMW 328i e92 and it had a horrible whining noise coming from the oem ps pump so I decided the car needed a new one, went ahead and ordered a CARDONE ps pump and a new URO reservoir.

Installed everything, and then flushed this system using this exact procedure. drain bolt, car off fill reservoir,

At first the whine was gone after everything was installed, car was on, steering from lock to lock plenty of times, wheels off the ground, refilling new reservoir as the fluid went into the system.

I figured everything went well with install until I lowered the car from the jack. Instantly, I had the whine come back, when I went to inspect the reservoir removed the cap off and had the car on, the car had ps fluid gushing out the reservoir.

Where did I go wrong? Where should I go from here?

Another thing, I had the whine for several days after install then it went away, car drove just fine, no issues, but once again the whine has been back and gushing out ps fluid from the reservoir.
Appreciate 0