View Single Post
      04-28-2014, 06:24 PM   #91
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

As more and more of this ugly situation becomes public, one really odd thing that stands out to me is the fact that the NAACP has now decided to not give him a SECOND award.

It's clearly no secret that this guy has been this way for a very long time, and not only did he get a first award from them, but up until last weekend, he was due to receive a second one. WTF? Am I missing something here? The media seems to be giving this a pass....

If I was a person who counted on the advocacy of the NAACP to uphold my rights, I'd be very concerned to say the least.

It's one thing for the NBA to look the other way for so long, but they dont have the same social purpose/mission as the NAACP does. Really surprised this egregious skeleton falling out of their closet has not received more attention... if the World Jewish Congress admitted to giving Mel Gibson a 2nd lifetime achievement award; that would be less embarassing...