e93WhiteonRed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 Alpine white with Red

Garage List
2007 335I E93  [0.00]
Took my car in for misfires - and they are only doing a software update

I took my 335i in for it's regular service and told them that I had been having some stumbling, hesitations, and even complete dropp off in power once or twice resulting in a limp mode. I threw misfire codes on cyl 3 and made sure to keep those codes when I took it in for service. They said the only thing they are doing is replacing a belt tensioner and updating my software to the newest version and that should fix the hesitations.

Seems like all of the stumbling I'm having is most likely a result of a coil or a plug - do they replace the plugs anyways around 30k miles and just didn't mention it? Anyone else have stumbling and hesitations that were fixed by a simple software update?

I also mentioned that my exhaust flap was rattling and they are replacing the muffler section with a brand new one but are shipping it from germany and I'll be another week without my car - 2 weeks total... Damn!