05-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
old account 2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stage 3 B5 S4, C5 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
Stupid noob questions here but do the different tunes out there (Cobb/JB4/Procede/Giac ....) have a difference in performance on AT between regular "D" mode and Sport "DS" mode?

If so would you say that difference is more or less noticeable than the difference between them while stock?

One more stupid question: How would you compare the difference between stock sport mode and "tuned" D mode in normal day to day driving?

Thanks in advance! Trying to decide on this and I am new to it so these answers will help me.
The differences between D and Sport mode will be the same (with our software at least). The Sport mode just holds the gear longer and allows the revs to climb, and this is maintained with a new software flash. With our software, you will experience better throttle response. So, your normal D setting could feel closer to your untuned S setting, in terms of the throttle response. Further, you will also likely experience some increased throttle response in Sport mode following the software upgrade. While there isn't a power difference between driving in D or S mode, the new software will give a power increase that will have equal effects in both modes.

Hope this answers your question, and feel free to PM me if I can be of any more help!
Appreciate 0