View Single Post
      11-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

FS: OEM 18" 270m alloys c/w winter tyres

Foe Sale OEM M3 winter wheels [square 8" wide & +20mm offset] & 225/40/18 contis non RFT winter tyres all round.

£1100ovno buyer collects from Twickenham [busy place just now with Autumn internationals in full swing !!].

Photos attached of wheels/tyres + also added 2 pictures of when they were last on my car [E91 335i LCI M sport with Birds B3s chassis and M3 parts at the front] + a 3rd side profile car photo off the forum of a set on another black e91.

Wheels - I bought the wheels new and so know they are straight, true and no buckles/repairs as have used them on my car, including family ski trip and an impromptu long weekend to the slopes. The family ski trip was the reason why I bought a winter set. Condition - 3 are mint and 4th would be too were it not for a v small scuff [a photo of the same scuff attached]. When I took the wheels off they were thoroughly cleaned [free of brake dust specks etc]then dry stored. The photos of wheels & tyres off the car were taken just a few days ago.

Tyres - have measured all of them with a tread depth gauge and get 7mm-7.5mm typical on all 4 tyres, measured at both edges and the middle. To endeavour to show the depth, please see the photo using a £2 coin. Treads come up to underside of HRH's neck on head side of the coin. Hope this makes sense ! One tyre has a small/superficial cut on the rim protector - see photo. I have no idea how this has happened as bought the tyres new as well.

Traction at the rear and grip all round was superb. My car never faltered once on either skiing trip. When I "mothballed" these earlier this year, I dropped a few PSI out of the tyres and noted new PSI's for all 4 tyres so as I have a baseline. Checked them again just now and PSI is unchanged.

Reason for selling is that since last winter, my wife has changed her car [Tiguan 4 motion 170 TDI - great car by the way] so most likely to use hers in future for any runs to the snow + I need to free up some space in my garage.

Would prefer to sell to a fellow forum member ahead of listing on Ebay.

Dave 077385 01566
Attached Images

Appreciate 0