View Single Post
      02-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #43
dasammy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 320D

SUCCESS!!

Yes, these mini-connectors work well. I checked them with a multimeter after connecting the cables. Its a solid connection.

In short:

I disassembled the seats and looked at the connector at the car side. There were 2 things I recognized:

1.) The Power supply of the seat heating module was on Pin9 .. so I had to pin it out and pinned it to pin4 (car side)

2.) The yellow/white cable (pin6) also was at the old passenger seat, but it had no connection to any pin of the connector at the car side
So its completely useless

I tooked the side-airbags and seat belt fastener from my old seats. Airbags and seat belt fastener fit the normal seats as well as the sport seats.
BUT ITS JUST FOR E92/E93 ... FOR E90/E91 AIRBAGS OF THE NORMAL SEATS AND SPORT SEATS ARE DIFFERENT!!

I connected the K_CAN wires to the iDrive by soldering.

The seat positioning wont work if K_CAN is not connected! Lumbar and side bolsters are working, but the positioning wont!
Just after connecting the K_CAN it worked ...

The strange thing about that is: in the tests with my PC power supply it worked like a charm ...

Seat heating is also working ... without coding
Memory buttons are working

Greetings!

EDIT: bridged the wires on the seat side.
Dont know the part # of the connectors ... in Germany you can buy them at any hardware store

Last edited by dasammy; 02-20-2011 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 0