Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
I agree with you 100% about the Canadian Classified sections, but I never said the OP was trying to rip anyone off, that comment was made by other members.

I just don't see why my post was deleted. I made an offer, supported my reasoning and the OP didn't like it so he deleted the post? I wanted to give the OP the reasons as to why I offered what I did, my offer of $500 + OEM swap would sound ridiculously low without the explanation. I did nothing outside of the classified rules, I wasn't hi-jacking his thread with useless comments and my intent was to offer to purchase his mufflers. I'm sorry if the OP doesn't like hearing how much him mufflers are worth, thats the reality and by deleting posts just makes his sale seem shady.
Yeah true, it wasn't you that made that comment. My message was geared mainly towards the dude that's getting all angry like OP owe's him something.
As you already probably know it's best to negotiate via PM, because a) it won't be considered thread crapping b) nobody knows what you are offering so you won't have people trying to outbid you haha. If I wanted the exhaust I would have just PM'ed saying 600+swap? LOL, lot's of sneaky peeps on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
Keep offers / "justifications" to PM and post questions regarding the item in the thread for everyone to see and benefit from. You know how this works...

rant:
I would have deleted your post for the following reasons:
(a) Your "justification" does not factor in shipping/duties/time or more importantly, the rarity of this exhaust in Canada.
(b) The price is not above OEM selling price / Canadian market price (research will show you this)
(c) Opinions (not to mention biased) are not needed in a "For Sale" thread. This exhaust may only be worth $500 to you but not everyone may see it that way.
(d) OT - this thread is now going to be about the ethics of deleting posts / CAD vs US market prices thus your post has essentially taken this thread OT.
Solid points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibalnoma View Post
Look at it this way.

The OP clearly stated "PAID $1650 brand new after custom taxes/shipping directly from REMUS"

So, the question is, why would ANYONE pay $1450 + OEM Swap, to get an exhaust that was used?

For that amount, you can buy a brand-new exhaust.

Now, let me ask you something.
You bought your car for x amount of dollars brand-new, and after using the car for a year for example, do you get the same amount back?
The answer is simple - NO.

My original post was to inform other users on this forum who might not have the same sort of knowledge on the value of this item.
The OP decides to delete my post in order to hide the reality

Also, you mentioned "opinions are not needed in a for sale thread, ..."
Guess what, your rant is based on your opinion, and no one wants to hear it.
So according to your own wording:

The OP clearly stated "PAID $1650 brand new after custom taxes/shipping directly from REMUS"

My original post was to inform other users on this forum who might not have the same sort of knowledge on the value of this item.

Am I crazy to think the above is a bit funny?

As to answer your question about why would anyone pay that amount: well maybe nobody will pay that amount and if they do, maybe it's because they think it's worth it for them due to various reasons. Perhaps PM'ing the OP to discuss pricing might be a reasonable option as well although it might sound a bit absurd.

Are you sure that nobody wants to hear Shonuff's opinion or are you just trying to inform users that may not have the same sort of knowledge about opinion's as yourself, that his post was an opinion?
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0