Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.e. View Post
I can I can - only cause you told me LOL

I'm guessing you got whiplash? Soft tissue damage is a pain in the butt and can affect you for a while. Take the physio and keep it consistent. Over time it will get better, just don't make the mistake of skipping out on it because you "feel slightly better". It's like the eye of a hurricane, you're just going to hurt yourself further.

Look into acupuncture as well. I prefer it over chiro/physio as it's more relief when it comes to muscle/joint pain. My neck is a mess from my accident when I was younger and I have syringohydromyelia so my view on acupuncture may be a bit biased.
Some pretty solid advice here. A lot of people "feel better" only to get a whole lot worse slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.e. View Post
It's a lot better now (3 accidents: 10 years ago, 8 years ago and 4 years ago) but it's still not what it could be. I use to go for chiro 3 times a week for two years.

It didn't get better and I started getting migraines a lot so I had ct scans and mri done. They found a "foreign" object in my neck and it turned out to be syrngohydromyelia. After that my chiro said that adjustments should stop and he started acupuncture which I did every two weeks (sometimes once a week sometimes twice).

Now I go rarely, only when it's extremely stiff. I'd say once every 4 months - sometimes 6.
I actually had a question on an exam that involved a patient with syrngohydromyelia due to some childhood trauma from WAYY back. Good to see that you're doing well after 3 accidents though

Did you notice improvement directly based on your acupuncture therapy? Also just wondering if you had any follow up scans done to see if the syrinx was elongating slowly as time passes?

As Jim.E mentioned above this cyst forms and is asymptomatic post trauma which is why people begin to think they feel better, but it's common for it go go through expansion over time causing various neurological symptoms later down the road.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0