View Single Post
      02-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
riceqx2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XIC...

I recently had a similar mirror issue with the passengers side mirror; when I had the mirror selector switch (on the drivers door) in the drivers position and i shifted into reverse, the mirror would tip down further than was normal and too far down to see the curb, then when I shifted back into drive, the mirror wouldn't return to the original position- it went up too far. There were other times when the mirror would change positions as if it were haunted. I had to keep adjusting it every time I got into the car.
When I took it for service, the dealer stated that the mirror position is based on "resistance readings from the mirror motor" and they would replace it. When I picked up the car they told me that the entire assembly was replaced because of corrosion of the wires/connectors inside. When I asked if this was from washing the car so much they said that it shouldn't have happened and I could wash the car.
I would If I were you check the behavior of the tip down function. See if it tips down too far, and then fails to return to the original position.
Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0