e92oholic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92SCguy View Post
I would like to add to this as well...

I have an e92 with the BMW performance exhaust, man it sounded great UNTIL I put the AR catless DPs on. Yes, I hear more turbo but I'm almost embarrassed to get on it because it sounds like a Honda civic with a fart pipe. I am so completely unhappy with the sound that I've consider its not worth the extra power.

After doing some research, it sounds like I have an issue...
I thought that maybe there was a leak in the DPs connections but it sounds like its coming from the rear of the car (from the drivers seat of course). It's a high pitch rasp sound, sort of like my old E46 M3 rasp when cold but 3X.

My first turbo car, but I was definitely expecting a more throaty noise. Instead I get all exhaust which drowns out any turbo noise. It sounds like everyone else loves the sound, I can only imagine something is wrong in my situation.

Not sure what I'm asking the community but does this sound normal??? No pun intended.

BTW, I got 2009 e92... JB4 (map 2), DCI and of course the catless DPs.

Why are you running map 2? Switch it to map 5 (auto tune) you'll be so much happier. (make sure to update your jb4 to the current software). If you have access to E85 put 4 or 5 gallons in with a full tank of 93
Appreciate 0