Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR View Post
Hi all,

I recently purchased the Motive Mod DCT style shifter, in order to replace the pre-LCI shifter on my e93 335i. Purely because I dislike the standard shifter and this one looks much better aesthetically. Note, that it functions the same as the old shifter, it is purely a visual mod.

http://www.motivemods.com/BMWRetrofi.../mm-sst-d3.htm

I ordered the part and it was delivered to my Melbourne address in around 1.5 weeks.

The shifter itself is of excellent quality and the lighting is quite bright. It was super easy to install, all you have to do is take off the old shifter, cut the length of the metal stalk a bit, place the new shifter on and connect it.

All up it took around 20 mins, the most time consuming step was cutting the metal. A step by step guide is available, which makes it very easy. I can see why some people would be reluctant to cut the metal base, this mod is not reversible. The M Shifter however, does not require any cutting. Although I can't see why one would want to reverse it. For around 400 dollars, I think it is a nice little mod which suits the 335i interior nicely.

All in all I'm a happy customer, please find a couple of pics below:

Thanks all.
Nice
Appreciate 0