United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebl View Post
Very,very nice submissions.
I can't compete against the "Mamiya". Let alone I don't know if I have any that would work.
Well, Rodi is the sponsor, so his example is not in the running. It is a stunning example.

I wasn't able to get all the dynamic range I wanted out of mine (bits of the snow blew out) but I processed a number of different ways and chose the one that really showed the most texture of the wood on the cedar tree. That same image works with more contrast and deep blacks, but that doesn't fit Rodi's contest as well.

You probably DO have something that'll work, you just need to experiment. People that have never done digital B&W often don't realize how much texture they can bring out by applying color filters. Start with a red filter, but play with them all. The slower ISO ratings tend to give you more texture and dynamic range when trying the various emulations. If you don't have a lot of B&W emulations, then mess around with the color filters and the RGB curve, which is not intuitive unless you're old fart like me that used to have B&W filters.

Dave