10-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
JMARS
Not Baned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Single-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin1 View Post
In my stock block 800+ whp Honda S2000 that's running 100% e85, I change the oil every 750-1000 miles, but I only put about 1000 miles a year on it and I'm very anal about oil changes. I also only run Amsoil 10w40 premium oil with a very high TBN, which has high detergents to combat acids of fuel. Use a desiel oil, Amsoil or something like Brad Penn that has a high TBN and you can safely get 2500 miles out of your oil with 100% e85. I've done a lot of studying on oils also and high TBN and ZDDP oils are the way to go with whatever fuel you run. Unfortunately, the standard oil you purchase at the local stores doesn't cut it anymore since the great government mandated lowering ZDDP to help save the life of the catilytic converter, which has bad long term effects all around for the engine.

On a side note, my 07 335i is still stock and only has 27k miles. At around 21k miles (about 8000 miles on the factory oil), I sent the oil in to Blackstone for an analysis and they recommended changing it asap because it was breaking down pretty good. I have no idea why on earth BMW states to change the oil at 10k-12k miles or once a year or whatever it is, there is no way that oil can safely last that long (Castrol BMW oil anyway) without dier consequences over time. Now that my car just fell out of the factory BMW warranty and the free oil changes are done, I have switched to Amsoil premium oil and will be changing it every 5000 miles and Amsoil is way superior over the BMW junk.
So your saying there is a reason to change your oil every 2k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Interested in hearing what setup you had on your C6. Dyno/Slips?
Nick, it's not hard to make big power with big displacement. Get a 427 block and slap on a couple of T-70 turbos, add plenty of fuel and bam! 1200 to the wheels lol