View Single Post
      03-21-2015, 12:42 AM   #194
NBTBRV8
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCi E60 530i

I finished fitting my new seat covers today with the heating elements sewn in. However the EBA instructions don't seem to be correct:

The instructions vary for cars without option SA459 only elec seat adj memory, and cars without SA459 only.

They go on to say for E90 cars without SA459 only, I take this as cars with 459 and 609, the following parts are required 2 x small seat modules and 2 x module holders, yet the retrofit kit only comes with the one small and one large.

I ordered a second small module based on the above, but when I went to fit the small module in its holder to the drivers seat, there is no way it would fit next to the already installed large module. When I compared the large module that came with the retrofit kit, to what was already installed in my seat, I saw that the were three plug ports without pin outs in my car, but the large module that came with the retrofit kit had pin outs in those ports.

Given that you could not mount the small module on the underside of the seat next to the already large module fitted on the driver's side, I changed over my large module with the large module supplied within the retrofit kit.

I have therefore just fitted the small module to the passenger's seat, once I worked out how to get the thigh support off. FYI, to remove the thigh support you would need to remove the seat base, stick a screwdriver in from the back and pry the plastic barb back below the spring as per this link/photo here: http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30826

So to recap, the instructions say to fit two small modules to the seats for cars with elec seats and nav, but the retrofit kit only comes with a big and small module, not two small. The small module just doesn't have enough room to screw in properly next to the large module on the drivers side, so it appears as though you just fit the large module supplied in the kit.

Reading the EBA it says I don't need to code the driver's module first, I should just be able to go to the seat heating retrofit path in the SSS and code.

I still can't work out how the clip under the thigh support is meant to clip in to the hole the wires come through. The little plastic tab just goes to break off everytime you try to slide it in.

The EBA guide is here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/126894347/...etrofit#scribd
Attached Images

Last edited by NBTBRV8; 03-21-2015 at 01:54 AM..
Appreciate 0