View Single Post
      08-12-2013, 05:38 AM   #175
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Not my style, but to each his own.

Although, if you really are focusing on school, maybe you shouldn't be too into your car? When I was in high school, my car was a privilege and a luxury (I had a new G37S), but even if I used my own money for it, I wasn't allowed to get to involved with it. Now that I'm in college, I understand what my parents were explaining to me... my car was totaled by a driver running a red light... insurance paid out, but if I had really put any time or money into the car, it would have been money out the window. Now, I've performed a few cosmetic mods, but I LOVE my car just the way it is, and even though it is more than 'just a car' to me, I understand that in this point in my life, my money is better accruing in a savings account or in investments. When I'm supporting myself if I want to keep my car, I'll put some work into it... but now I'm actually focusing on college and my future, not a car that might not be with me in 2-3 years even if I think it's my 'baby' at this moment.

You're young, you should enjoy what you have and not let others get into your head. Personally, unless you are buying a project car, you should like the car you own stock - sure do some mods, but if you don't like what your car is stock, I've found that you will keep wanting more and will never be happy. And if you can't afford to do what you really want without settling, you've bought the wrong car!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0