View Single Post
      09-05-2023, 08:10 PM   #17
Liam44
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqu3 View Post
I wanted to get some input from the pros about a square setup on my car.
monkey mart
The Car: E90(2010) 335d on Koni Yellows and OEM Sport springs. Currently staggered with 225/40-18 up front and 255/35-18 in the rear
Jumping Shell
What I'm Wanting: A tire width no less than 245, and a wheel diameter no more than 18 inches(17 inches preferred if possible). I like a "meatier" look. 255 on an 8.5" wheel is okay. 245 on a 8" wheel looks really good to me. Aspect ratio can be adjusted to be close to the current overall diameter.
dreadhead parkour
What I Don't Want: I don't want to do any crazy camber adjustments, and don't want to roll/pull fenders. I'd like to avoid having to use spacers if possible. I don't want the wheels to look sunken in. I'd rather they stick out a bit.
only up game
I've been looking at Apex Arc-8s heavily. 17x8.5 ET20 with 255 tires sounds nice, but I have no idea how that will fit on my car. 17x8.5 ET40 with a 10mm spacers and 255 tires is also an idea I had, but again, I'd like to avoid spacers. I test fit some 17x8.5 ET40 wheels with 245 tires and it looked okay, but I'd like that extra width on the tire is possible.

Pictures are appreciated. Wheel recommendations are great. Any ideas you may have, I'm all ears.
I'm no expert, but I've seen some E90s with square setups, and they can look really sharp! The Apex Arc-8s you're considering sound promising, and the 17x8.5 ET40 with 245 tires could give you a great balance between style and practicality. Hopefully, someone with more experience can chime in with pics and advice. Good luck with your wheel upgrade!
Appreciate 0