View Single Post
      08-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #15
dArNeLLi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i on ED, pickup 10/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna3 View Post
^^It was a dealership in San Mateo (think captain hook).

I first tried the dealership. At first they had no clue what I was talking about so I walked the SA out onto the lot and up to an identically equipped 335 and pointed out the oil cooler. Still no luck so I made a quick call to BMWNA and within a couple of weeks the Manager from the dealership was calling to set up an appointment to do the retrofit.

I think this is really out of the dealerships hands and is done more as a good-will gesture by BMWNA, who covers the cost. Keep in mind my car is an e90 AT w/ Sports Package and that starting right after Jan/07 similarly equiped cars came with a factory oil cooler.
Ah, I see...what did you say to BMWNA? Do you think I should go to that dealer and ask for an oil cooler retrofit saying that I don't have one and that post Jan07s do? The Fremont dealer said that if I'm not running high temps, there is no worry. Since my car is a 10/06 vehicle, I'm not sure if I'll be as fortunate as you with a car much closer to the oil cooler vehicles. Also, do you have the # for NA? Thanks for the response, it has been helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Terry's car (the owner of the JB products) does not have an oil cooler in his 335.
He has run 11 second times with his non oil cooler so there's something to be said for that.
Now, track driving is a little different but I would be interested to see what Terry's 335 would do.
I didn't know that Terry's car was a non oil cooler 335, yea I'd like to get an idea of the JB3 on the track with the non oil cooler to see if it even has an impact, it seem as if the oil cooler isn't really needed, but just a back up back up plan in case things go wrong?
Appreciate 0