12-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #19
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiphilip View Post
(Title should say "this MANY problems..." --> Fat fingers on iphone..)

I got the car in May 2011. 2008 335i sedan.

Not long after buying it, car had HPFP issues, and it took bmw 3 months and 2 dealerships to realize (or admit) that all the injectors and plugs had to be replaced. Since then I have had a leaking transmission gasket, oil leaking down the front of the engine, a cracked turbo waste gate, and last week the service engine soon light came on. They replaced the engine thermostat. Got the car back last Tuesday, drove fine rest of the week and car sat in the garage most of the weekend. Then monday morning the fan keeps turning non-stop, and after 10 min the engine starts overheating (gauge on instrument cluster still shows below 200 degrees). 30 seconds later computer tells me engine is too hot and cuts power. After tow to dealer, apparently the water pump doesn't work.

Is this normal and comes with the awesome 335 territory, or is my 335 just "special?" Does anyone else have these or this many issues? Should I bring this up to BMW NA or the dealer or just suck it up and be happy I'm under warranty?
Ive had HPFP, injectors twice (3 at a time), radio replacement, Int lights have a mind of their own, steering hose, steering rack and pump and now my front suspension is creaking. Chugs a bit under hard acceleration on highway. Can't rely on this thing. Almost every day something weird happens with locks or lights .
Appreciate 0