Garage List
2004 E63 645CI  [0.00]
2007 Bmw E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkie90 View Post
I love that greenish blue undertone from the BSM. Clean car
Thanks, and yeh bsm is my favourite colour, just looks so good. Glad I held out and got the right colour combo with the red interior as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKc View Post
did you buy the full lamin x tail light kit in red?
or do they offer just a strip for the turn signal?
how does the red match in reality? pretty close to the stock color?
finally, how difficult was it to do urself?
Haha....sorry for having so many questions !! always wanted to upgrade lci tails but dont have the budget atm. having that red strip makes the rear end look much better imo.
It's not actually from the company lamin-x, I'm just use to calling it that.
I went on eBay and ordered up a sheet of red head/tail light film.
Was from Hong Kong I think, took about 20 days to get here but was only £1.40 for a sheet of 12" x 24" (don't even need half that, but good in case you make a mistake)
You could do the whole light, but I just made a cut out to cover the white.
Matches perfect, it's the exact same colour, was really pleased.
And it's pretty easy to do, I just made sure the headlight was clean > sprayed with soapy water > peeled the film off > put it in place > then heated it until it was stuck properly (good to use heat gun but I didn't have one so used a hair dryer) > while heating it, if you have a squidgey, or like I done, put a card from my wallet inside a microfibre cloth and squeeze all the water out to make sure there's no bubble.
That's it really, if you've never done it before the first try might not go great, but then you'll do it right the next time, super easy!
Appreciate 0