01-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #22
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4 Beemer View Post
Peter, a couple of empty boxes are on their way to you. Please collect your belongings, clear your desk and security will show you out the back door of the forum

Seriously, the MINI is obviously a very different car to the 335d but I really loved my Cooper and was sorry to see it go when I got the Z4. They are very chuckable and nippy cars and I know you will love it. Congrats on the MINI purchase - hope you will be joining www.mini2.com
Cheers Gordon!

I had a Mini Cooper overnight last night in order to allow my wife to have a try. The Mini was her idea in order that she can keep fuel costs under control. The Disco is costing a lot for the school run and trips to work for her. I actually quite liked the Cooper, it was nippy and well built, although the one the dealer lent me overnight was in Mellow Yellow My wife went out in it and liked the Mini although after years of driving big MPVs and 4x4s felt a little vulnerable sat in a small car close to the road! Anyway, upshot is that she INSISTED on an auto (she has been spoilt over the years!!), so I dutifully ordered a 1.6 Cooper with Chilli pack, 17" wheels and auto Colour is chilli red with black roof and black bonnet stripes. I also put the chrome driving lamps on the front and the dealer chucked in the tlc thingy. IMHO the auto spoils the fun, I didn't try one with auto box but apparently it has paddles so I can pretend I am back in the 335d At least I console myself that it is a BMW Mini!

Anyone who takes the p**s gets run over in the GL! - OK
Appreciate 0