07-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #20
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by techietaichi View Post
So what potential problems can I anticipate in the future? See, here's the thing boogey, I found it hard to refute or argue with a guy that's been doing this kind of work for years, specific to BMW, from a well known and respected garage also specific to BMW since '93; Turner Motorsport, and of which they've done the same to their own vehicles. Of course not their top-end stuff, but to their own company cars/DD's. "what's good for the goose..." you know? Still though, I'd like to know what kind of negatives I could expect just in case, 'cause on the mere chance that I do, I'd like to ask Turner about it.
How many miles are you at on your car? Better question would be how many miles on the strut? The potential problems that you may lead to is a strut that wears out a lot sooner than its supposed to.

Like it was mentioned above, there is no way of telling when exactly it will stump it by. There are many factors. What's the condition of the strut? Where are you driving and what conditions are most common (i.e i'm in NYC and the roads are as shitty as it can get). What springs are you going with?

When you use the stock strut with h and r springs, the car sits lower and the strut has lower room to travel to do its job, thus putting a strain on it. This phenomena causes the harsh ride as well as the excessive wear.

This is how I look at it, if you are gna keep the springs on the car and plan on taking the hit with the struts or with coils down the line, I would might as well just do it now. You would save on the labor and he job will be done right the first time and you won't have to worry about it.
Appreciate 0