Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmie View Post
Long time reader ever since Ive gotten my new car and first time posting.

So I've been scouring endlessly through these forums to find which route i was going to take on washing/detailing my car. After alot of thought I decided to go with the Zaino system because of its user friendliness (not having to use PC 7424, worry about color pads to use, 100$'s in product etc etc)

Last nite I purchase the Z1 protection show car kit that comes with Z2 pro and z5 among other things, then I notice this morning that during one of the testimonials that is was specifically for LIGHTER colored vehicles.

So my question is this. Is there any negative effects (permanent damage) for using Z2 Pro on my Jet black 335i bmw? Also, will using Z2 pro not give me as good results than having a lighter colored car? I sitll plan on applying multiple coats and following through with Z5 and Z6 etc etc.

Any assistance would be great thanks in advance guys!
I would not worry at all. There are no negative effects. In fact Z5 looks amazing on Jet Black so and post some pics . Z2 Pro and Z5 are very simillar. Z2 has more gloss less filler. I think it was 8 coats of Z2 = 1 coat of Z5, relative to filler propertise. So, Z5 has less gloss but more filler (for darker cars).

As with waxes specifically taylored to darker vehicles and etc, perceptible differences are usually subjective and not immediately noticeable. Just put your heart into it, follow the prep steps, and the results will speak for themselves. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0