View Single Post
      10-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
shoes
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BSM E92 335i

Thumbs up for longtran! - A new owner story + pics!

So I picked up my new (to me) used '07 E92 335i the other day in Burbank, CA.
I previously spoke to LT about getting some painted reflectors so he gave me his contact information since I was going to be in his area when I picked up my car.

Here is the car as I picked it up. Bone stock. (and dirty...)
(forgive the camera angles, the gf was taking some of the shots and the lighting was sub-par )

Front:

Side..ish:

Back:

And my attempt to make a bad picture look better with photoshop:

Anyway...
So after I picked up the car, I contacted long. Me and my girlfriend went straight to his house from the dealer to pick up those reflectors.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it) I caught the mod-bug after I saw what he had in stock.

Here's what my car looked like after long got his hands of magic on my car:

First thing first, reflectors had to go. Heres a shot of the newly installed LT painted reflector:

Unfortunately, this particular reflector had some compound (or something) on it, hence the white outline. Long replaced it for me after we noticed. I didnt snap a pic of the final reflector.

The car went up for removal of the front bumper:

Heres (part of) long removing screws to remove the bumper:

Never thought I'd see my car like this on the day I picked it up: (scary pic!)

In went black lower mesh and matte black kidneys.

And the final product!

(yea those are drilled holes )

And my girlfriend picked up some matte black grilles and amber-gone overlays on her E90 while we were there as well:

Long does some great work and is a genuinely nice guy. I will definitely be back once my wallet fills back up!

If you see this, thanks again Long!
Appreciate 0