View Single Post
      10-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #315
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Yes, you are correct. The Xede can be removed and sold or installed on a new car. The Xede that we are using in the 335i should work on ALL BMWs. Given appropriate mapping, of course. And yes, this has always been one of the major advantages the Xede has over a reflash which, for the most part, isn't transferrable or even readily removable.

The 33-35mpg number comes from the dash. I haven't really taken the time or had the patience to actually run through more than a few gallons of gas while staying off boost. In fact, this car has probably seen more boost in its 4000 miles than most cars will see in 50,000 miles. That mileage was logged with the performance map and a very light right foot. And yes, that's mainly in 5th and 6th gear on the highway doing 60-80mph. Absolutely no boost.

It can be done on the fly while the car is being driven. It would be a real drag if you had to turn off the car to changes maps, no?

Cheers,
Shiv
Well, hurry up already ...my 335i Coupe should arrive here in S. FL in about 6 weeks, and I may order the Xede (as a stand-alone mod; sorry, no aftermarket exhaust necessary for me). I'm sure you'll post up when it's available for order. Thanks.

btw - sorry, one more question before I forget. You say how stealthy the Xede is since it's intercepting the signals to the ECU (so the ECU "thinks" it's using it's stock map), but also you mention how the actual Xede unit would be placed under the hood (with the wires running to the ECU)...wouldn't the BMW service technicians see the Xede when doing routine maintenance (especially if they're diagnosing a possible mechanical/engine problem) and wouldn't this be a "problem" if let's say you had them checking out an issue under the warranty? Thank you.
Appreciate 0