09-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #1125
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoixE92 View Post
Damn you love Dinan huh? I was gonna do the Dinan tune but it was like 2000-3000 I think? but the numbers r nice instead of using a piggyback tho. Might invest in that but I like how my piggyback has autotune that tunes to cold weathers and 93 octane,dp and exhaust. putting out about 15-16 psi right now. I guess thats roughly 420 430 crank hp? thinking of a FMIC but dont know which to go with. any ideas Mr.Dinan guy?
Yup the price sounds about right with Dinan, and the power out put is what it is with piggybacks. I am not all about HP though, just conservative about warranty and getting the best under that warranty.

If my goal was HP then I could have taken all that Dinan money I spent and built myself a 10sec 335i long time ago before I got a 335is. Thats not my goal though.

Think about it, the average person with a piggyback is not going to be riding around daily on 15-16 psi of boost. If you did you would be digging deep into your pockets for gas money and more wear and tear on the turbos

So the way I look at it is if we were to meet on the road, you cant change maps while driving, so on a roll I will eat you alive all day long unless you decide to stop the car put it in the desired map then track me down for another roll.

BTW the BMW DME automatically adjusts performance based on temps also per octane levels. Dinan tune is dependant on the DME logic to make the proper changes and does not manipulate it.

Last edited by BQTuning; 09-04-2011 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0