View Single Post
      08-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #21
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Been driving around for two days with the JB stg 1. Feels stock under normal throttle. But when you are on boost, from mid, higher rpms, you definitely feel the "fatter" torque curve. Punch it at 40mph, and when the steptronic down shifts, it definitely throws you back in the seat pretty hard. I drove around a friend who has a 6M 335i, and let him drive my car too. He was definitely impressed. The JB1 equipped 335i is exactly how you would think a factory set up should behave. I would say that 4.65-4.75 secs 0-60, and 13.15-13.30 second 1/4 miles @107mph are achievable on stock tires, sea level, 60F approx. And with 93 Octane, it should be even easier to achieve these numbers. I would say that with drag radials, going into the 12's from a 13.15 should be totally achievable. Ran against a Supercharged Lightning yesterday. His blower was so damn loud. His license plate frame said "Today's Menu" "Smoked Rice". Couldn't resist his invitation to run. Should beat a stock lightning easily, but at the track I saw a built GTO beat by a built lightning. (Both ran around a 12 flat!) With this particular Lightning, I got a bad start but I pulled him, slowly but surely. I can't tell you how that extra 1.5mph really helps in a close race. Any ways, for those of you on the fence, and waiting for the perfect high dollar mod solution, this is a nice interim solution. You could get headers and intake on a normal car, and still not get the gains of this mod for under $200. And with the minimal boost increase, within the factory knock retard envelope, I don't thing there is anything to worry about as far as reliability.

Last edited by hotrod182; 08-28-2007 at 01:57 AM..
Appreciate 0