12-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #236
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Yes, but!

The Birds car that many magazines tested had a Hartge reflash. Since then, Hartge has pulled the option and description of this reflash from their website (I just checked, could not find it).

So while Birds' demo car may have it, I think Hartge no longer offers it. You could call Birds and see if they still offer it, if it can be purchased today.

I'll investigate Turner as well, but I would not be surprised to find out a similar story...
Just to correct a technicality - the Birds car featured never had a Hartge official remap - Hartge have never released one for the 335i. The remap is one that Birds have been able to create through their network of contacts in Germany, and it is still being offered, providing gains in power to approx 370-380hp and torque around the 360lbft mark. The remap is undergoing further development now in light of the comparisons with Procede V2 and there will be more information in the coming weeks.

Incidentally, the Birds remap is a total reflash, and NOT a piggyback option. Will have a Dyno Dynamics plot of the new flash fairly soon too.
Appreciate 0