Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: 11 MW E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 Subaru WRX STi  [0.00]
Problems with 325i

Hi everyone, I just signed up for this website seeing as how everyone is very helpful. I recently got my 06 325i in May of this year and as of now if has approximately 32K miles now. and everything was fine until winter came. I had my service engine light about 3 times starting in Nov., but they have gone away. I called my dealership and I have an appointment on the 3rd of Jan. Now, these are my questions and I will be asking all these in my appointment:

- Can they check older check engine service lights?

-There seems to be an absurd amount of smoke coming out from my car. It smells somewhat sweet(last time i did anything in the engine was change the washer fluid)

- RPM's idle at around 550. Is that good?

- Whenever at a light, or if I stop it seems like the car starts shaking and when it does I see the RPM's going lower as if it's trying to warm up mid way?

-Oil change wise, on the dash it says its OK with 3/4 of the way, but its been almost 4K miles since I haven't changed it, is it normal? I always thought it was every 3K miles?

Anybody has any ideas with the problems that I think I'm having? I would like to have some knowledge before I go to the dealership and they tell me some other stuff. any feedback would be greatly appreciate it because I really like this car, but with these problems I don't enjoy driving my car anymore.

Last edited by AcExSpades; 12-30-2010 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0