Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
If we're going to do it, let's do it right. I wonder if we can rent one of the tracks as a group so that other folks aren't mixed in with us. Hopefully that would reduce the wait between runs. Let's shoot for mid February so that we get some real interest going. I'll provide the custom-made trophy for the fastest lapper. Who's in?
I'm in. I don't know how they set that sort of thing up, but it's definitely possible. The DelVal BMW CCA has been doing nights with 2 hour track rental (7pm to 9pm) and a reserved room (and pizza!). We've done it twice, with 32 people each time - 4 run groups of 8, with a minimum of 4 sessions for everyone. After the initial session the run groups were sorted by fastest times. It worked really well because you don't have to worry about traffic that way. I got 5 sessions in last time.

My impression is that you need quite a few people to make that arrangement tenable, but I really have no clue what it costs to put it together. They charged us $70 to attend (through motorsportsreg.com), but I don't know how much of that is for fees, food and/or profit.

If we're going to have 8-16 people, it's probably easier just to show up and have 2 run groups without a track reservation.