View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #330
foxy-stoat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320 E91

I am waiting on a reply but I very much doubt I will get one in writing either way.

I know exactly what they are trying to do, highlighting an issue with recommendations to go to the manufacturer's for a possible fix. If it a manufacturer's recommendation that the car has the upgrade and I didn't follow it up then it would put me on the back foot.

If my car was to disappear then they can ask me the question, "did you do what we suggested in our email blah blah blah", if the answer is No then they could say I did not take reasonable steps to safe guard my car and maybe refuse or put up a fight. Of course they would not be able to prove that if the car did get stolen it was done by the OBC port or towed or whatever, so I very much doubt this would stand up to the Ombudsmen if challenged.

My car was built April 2007 and registered June 2007 so I guess mine is one of the ones that are "officially" effected.

I have taken steps and moved my port and disabled one of the relys on a switch, so if they did locate the OBC port, the thing still wont start.

I would of thought that the next step for the thieves would be just to connect straight into the wiring behind the a/c panel and forget completely about the OBC port.
Appreciate 0