View Single Post
      06-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #103
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

The 335 can't put power down in stock form. You can bash all you want I see it on the track all the time. The cooling is anther issue. Stock 325/328/330i do not have cooling issues. The N54/N55 engine is awesome on paper but BMW cheapen out on its parts and everywhere else to maintain margins. The weight is also an issue. Turn off all traction nannies off and go drive it on track - good luck! As a dd, sure it works. For kids to play with HP numbers, sure it works. Is mine bigger than yours, sure it works on paper.

E9x M is a pig. A heavy high power car is not enjoyable to drive. Yeah you'll feel the power but once you enter the curve the power is useless. No way would I buy E9x M and I can afford it. I'd take Cayman S any day all day long.

I track my 330i and have a few mods including LSD. There is no BMW currently on the market that I would replace it with. It is plenty fast, handles very well, relatively light, I can use it as a dd and track car and it costs nothing to maintain. The only BMWs I would consider are E36 M3, E46 M3 and E46 330i ZHP but the E90 330i chassis, steering, balance, engine and even weight is superb.

If they cheapen out on the new M3/4 that will be the end of BMW for enthusiasts. Plenty of them switched to P already. Also, believe it or not, BRZ keeps up nicely with 335i on track at 1/2 cost.

It the end, it all depends what % of performance you are using. Any car will work as a dd, but if you push it most will cry. The 330i asks for more!

Last edited by Mavus; 06-22-2013 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0