View Single Post
      03-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #9
mbdurham
Commander in Chief
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian06 View Post
the bmw catalog has the "touring cycle and mt bike holder" for $110 whereas the "racing cycle holder" is listed for $148 plus another $48.50 just for the front wheel holder (don't see why anyone wouldn't just throw the front wheel in the trunk).

i was set on buying the first for $110 but after your comment, i'm reconsidering things. do roof racks cause reduced mpg? is it safe to have a bike mounted so high up? bit worried about my bike.
Roof racks are perfectly safe. I have had one on another car for years at 80+mph it was fine. I am currently planning on the OEM Roof rack with Thule fork mount tray ($130) which is supposed to fit with the Thule aero bar adapter. I am just trying to find out if the OEM rack is easily removed. My Yakima was a pain in the ass to remove and reinstall. I don't want to leave it on all the time.
07 E90 335i / JET BLACK / TERRA / WALNUT / NAVI / PREMIUM / SPORT / COMFORT ACCESS / HEATED SEATS / SIRIUS / OEM CD CHANGER / OEM LIP SPOILER / OEM AW MATS & CARGO LINER / OEM AL PEDALS / OEM BLACK LINES / OEM JACK KIT / OEM MOBILITY KIT / OEM WHEEL LOCKS / 35% TINT / 19" M6 REPS / 245/275 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S
Appreciate 0