View Single Post
      03-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #11
TurboSpecC
Bavarian Wolverine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428 Gran Coupe

Well it took about 30 minutes to get everything straightened out when I picked up the car, but after my SA spoke to HQ I was given the original price quoted. My SA had no idea where the $648 installed number on BMW USA's website came from, and it sounds like it really did require 3 hours of labor. Glad my dealership was helpful even if it took a while to get things ironed out... wag of the finger to BMW USA for confusing things, tip of the hat to BMW USA for ultimately getting me a lower price.

The SSK itself is fantastic. The alcantara/metal combo looks very classy and the shifts are much shorter and more direct. My previous car was a WRX STI with a short throw shift kit so moving to the BMW felt like a huge step backwards in terms of shift feel. I have no idea why BMW doesn't include it in the sports package, or why even the M3 has a similar, sloppy-feeling stock shifter! I had heard mixed things about the UUC unit and decided to just go OEM for peace of mind. I'll take some pics in the next few days!
Appreciate 0