View Single Post
      12-06-2010, 07:17 AM   #102
Penn999
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
I understand the logic to what you are saying, but if it is true then why do other manufacturers keep much, much colder oil temperatures? I don't think there is a single performance guy on this forum running oil for 10k miles. We also have tons of guys running water/methanol too, so oil changes are common every 3k miles. I am willing to concede that I might want to try a different oil weight and brand. Any suggestions?

I think we just find a lot of people on this forum that say BMW is smarter. If BMW is so smart, then why didn't they include the oil cooler on the early models then back track? Why is BMW trying to make the 1M run colder? Why did BMW put an absolute piece of garbage intercooler on this car? Why can't BMW make a HPFP that works? Why do the injectors constantly fail? I am sorry, but to me BMW doesn't look so smart at times.
Agreed, Im am trying to talk to Chad about just ordering the thermostat and he hasnt gotten back to me yet. I too have a second oil cooler and the temps usually stay around 220 and when I run it hard it goes up to 240 and stops. I would like to bump that down to 200ish daily and 220max. Let me know if these are similar to your results after driving a couple days FBIS. Nice install. I wish I had seen this before I put my AR kit in. They gave no directions and the fitment was a CUSTOM job to say the least. I will post some pics after I get it back tonight.
07' MT, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance LED Steering Wheel, HPF FMIC, AA BOV, HPF Exhaust, DCI, Procede V5, AR Stage 1 oil cooler, AR OCC, AR CL DP's, Vishnu Meth Kit, UUC SSK+DSSR, UUC Shift knob, (19 inch)VMR V715's/Yokohama Advan AD08's, Hartge Pedals and Floor Mats. Awaiting Install: M3 Rear Subframe Bushings, Full M3 suspension bits, AST 4100's, DSS axles. Future plans: Vishnu Single turbo kit
Appreciate 0