View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #841
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
Hey guys, I'm targeting my first track day in November (haha heat gremlins, eat cool air), and I'm trying to get together my reliability/trackworthy mods before I go. So far here's what I'm doing:

1> Stett Stg 2 oil cooler (my car is a 2008 E92 335 with no oil cooler)

2> Wavetrac LSD + powerflex subframe bushings + eibach/hotchkiss swaybars (figure I'll do the swaybars since I'll have the subframe out) -- any suggestions on swaybar selection?

3> Racing brake caliper/rotor upgrade in the front or a stoptech front kit; haven't been completely sold on either yet.

I realize some of this is overkill but I'm an experienced racer (raced motorcycles in the 90's, had a mkiv supra TT and a C5 Z06, sold in '06) so I want the car to hold together and I plan on doing more mods later.

Anything else you can think of besides the usual flush/fill with 80/20 water coolant/wetter/40w oil/flush brakes fill with motul 600/etc ?

I know there's nothing I can do if my VANOS craps out at the track besides replace it afterwards, but I'm trying to knock down the pins I can.

Thanks
I would add a AR catless DP, new 1M WP, T-stat, and 335IS radiator fan if you are in the mood to make sure (as best as possible) that your car is up to the heat challenge. Some of these may be overkill or do little to change heat (like DP) but every little bit helps. Last thing to consider is running with the heater or defrost on and even engine cover and cowl off while at the track. Everything else I think you got covered.
Appreciate 0