10-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #15
mtechnik3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
To those who just did the springs with the OEM dampers...

How is the ride?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreDirtyFive View Post
It's exactly what you would think with less cushion...with an already somewhat "soft" ride for a stock sport suspension...there is less travel, so it picks up road noise as well as bumps a lot more audibly as well as physically..but it is, by no means uncomfortable, considering the sport suspensions I'm used to on my other vehicles and other lowered cars I've driven. I've been told the Koni FSDs, coupled with the Eibach's, actually feel as comfortable, if not more comfy, than stock but is progressively aggressive when pushed. Which sounds attractive to me considering how far I drive to and from work everyday in the crapiest highways in Los Angeles.

But, I do recommend the Eibach's for a subtle drop that really improves looks and inspires more confidence in the sportiness of the ride. And, it is not bouncy, like all the internet and magazine racers are reporting, as I Road Race and track my cars frequently. I believe it's actually a good compromise...although, we all know nothing is as good as a tuned spring and damper package..coils, etc.
+1 Great explination.
I'm really impressed with how these shock look and feel on my E90. The OEM ZSP feel was retained. If anything it feels more flat, controlled, and less bouncy because you've decreased suspension travel a bit on the stock shocks, and dampers. This might be how the M-Sport suspension feels that's offered in Europe as an option, don't know?? I did however notice a little little increase in road feel and a just a little more noise in the cabin, but by no means obtrusive. The car feels more confident, comfortable, and the look is A+, not too low, not too high. Parking next to a stock car with ZSP, you'll notice the drop. For my driving to and from work, and no tracking, this was good option for me. I would however consider FK coilovers in the future.

I would love to pair these with the M-sport Damper kit Mr. 5 installed.

Pics of my car after install:

Last edited by mtechnik3; 02-04-2009 at 08:49 PM..
Appreciate 0