View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #138
sohlman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330iSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post

I thought the auto gearboxes would be fine with 700nm? If i do remap it certainly will be with a decent outfit. To be honest the mpg isn't a concern anymore (too much fun driving in the dry), and if i remap it will most certainly decrease as you say
To protect the gearbox in standard tune both first and second gear won't give full power on all 35d cars. There is a reason that their is not a manual option. Clutches can't handle the Lbs/ft. With a chip 3rd gear will also need the same tweaking made. Economy may well not be worse and could be better depending on how lead foot you are.

To give you an idea of 700nm this is more than most if not all 18 wheeler articulated lorries produce. My friend recently bought a 14 ton truck which has 180bhp and 315nm so the figues this engine produces is in biblical proportions.

The former BMW Car Club chairman chipped both of his 335d's by DMS. Economy went from 36mpg - 39mpg first car (non efficiency dynamics) and second car went from 38 - 42mpg average (Efficiency dynamics model) this was over the lifetime of his ownership. He now drives a 640d.