03-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Smile Review: LUX H8 V3 LED Angel Eyes

Price: $235 + $10 in shipping fees

Packaging quality: Ok. Sent in a small flat rate box, wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap.

Install: A bitch. All the tips I read on the forum for installation did not help at all. The best installation tip I can give is to pay VERY close attention to how the OEM light comes out. Pay attention to the angle the OEM bulb was seated at initially, and the angle that bulb was at when you untwisted and pulled it out. Look at how the bulb came out, then look at the new bulb and put it in accordingly. It's kind of hard to explain, but if you PM me I'd be more than happy to help. So far, no error messages, and I don't expect any.

Install time: A little more than an hour. (My friend who's swapping his own engine on his Subie did it for me, and even with all the experience he has, it still took him that long.)

Pros: These lights are pretty good. They light up very bright for being a simple plug and play. I had RD LEDs for a week and took them out because they were more dim than the stock yellow halogen bulbs. (My avatar is a picture of the RD LEDs on my car, and I was trying to make them look good in that picture so you can imagine how dim they were in reality.) These lights satisfy my needs, and I'll be keeping them this time. These lights are a huge upgrade over stock, and they look the best that they could possibly look.

Cons: I am disappointed that the inner ring glows a LOT brighter than the outer ring. It is extremely noticeable. I don't think this is LUX's fault, it's just the way the light housing is built. The red bushing could have been glued on to the base of the light better. I'm also not very happy with the price, but do keep in mind that the other LEDs sold for BMWs cost just as much, if not more.

Overall, If you're looking to upgrade your lights to LEDs and you feel like the money is justifiable, the LUX H8 V3s are the lights for you. No, they are not as perfect as the LCI Angel Eyes, but you can't expect that to be possible because of the way the light housing is designed to work. If you want even distribution, certainly don't get them. If you can get past the uneven distribution and the price, GET THESE LIGHTS!

Pics: (I'll take a few more tomorrow)
Lights and packaging:

Best picture I could get of what the light distribution really looks like. Don't believe what people show you, it looks like this in real life. I have no reason to lie. In fact I went out of my way, taking the pictures at different focuses, angles, and distances, to get the most accurate picture of what it REALLY looks like for you guys.

Here's a picture of the lights when I make them look good with the camera. The distribution doesn't really look like this, but I am still satisfied with my purchase. This is as good as it's going to get without buying completely new head lights (Is that even possible lol?).

This is a picture of just the angel eyes turned on. It was nearly pitch black out, except for a very slight hint of yellow light from the street lights. Pretty damn bright if you ask me.

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife

Last edited by EDM92; 03-16-2011 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0