06-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #135
e92stealth
Rep
Drives: e92 335i Premium, Sport, Nav,

Garage List
09 e92 335  [5.50]
Just Purchased

Hi all,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have only been disappointed with Lux. Yes, I agree they are the best led direct replacement option for our vehicles, but I'm sorry to say, they come nowhere near the stock bulbs even, let alone the captivating output of newer bmw's.

Not only are the outer rings EXTREMELY dim at 75% of viewing angles, they FLICKER! I'm sorry, but that's truly unacceptable, the V3's which I also owned for a few weeks (sold) did not flicker.

NO, the upgrade is not worth it. I have had both. I don't like either, to be honest. The only affordable solution for daytime brightness is HID. Even with the downsides, it appears the best option for people who want visible outer rings before dusk.

The only difference between v3's and v4's regarding light output is:

- You can change the lumens
- The inner ring is brighter than v3

Unfortunately, who cares about the inner ring being a bit brighter, when the outer ring is BARELY noticeable from most daylight angles. Notice how ALL pictures of these lights are taken from the GROUND! Like anyone looking at your car is ever laying on the ground HAHA

Stand up and you won't be happy. Not to mention, the flickering is a HUGE drawback, and since lux blatantly forgot to mention this, it's a black mark to their name.

Sorry folks, but Lux has just been dropped from my credible list. They released a flickering product and FAILED to openly disclose, except in tiny or misleading print, to potential buyers.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!

If they won't accept full return, here I come EBAY!

HID's are on order, until I upgrade to the new model BMW

Just my .02

//JB4 G5//FORMULA ONE CERAMIC//BMS DROP IN//SPORT//PREMIUM//NAV//PASSPORT MAX//RIP LUX BECAUSE THEY SUCK ASS
Appreciate 0