11-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #15
samchuang33
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY 16 440i & MY20 X7 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste90 View Post
I had those errors and it was due to a steering angle sensor.. you need to check the codes
hum... I do have a code reader but I cant understand what it says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@Advan View Post
We can have the unit repaired in the UK if its out of warranty.
Any idea what it would cost for u to do that? Just thinking if this sh!t happens again after extended warranty expires, at least I have another option rather than $4k via stealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidz View Post
thats why i suggested a quick trade. that way the poor schmuk who ends up buying the car at least gets a warranty

unless he buys it at auction and in that case
I might sell the car when warranty expires so car will be 6 years old. Not sure if I should sell privately. I don't want the new owner calling me up saying i sold him a dogy car. This is the annoying part, I always sell my car privately but I dont feel right selling the car because it has problem and I'm just passing the problem to some other poor bugger. I wish they would take the car back and compensate me for another car at a good price but I think I'm dreaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
DSC module is about $3-$4k to fix... definitely one of the ones you want to try avoid.

Seen it happen on a few E92s recently... 335 and 325. Strangely less common on the 1ers
So it does seem to failed then. What are the chances of it happening twice to same car Any guess what the main cause is? It just seem strange that it always happens after I come back from a cruise.
Appreciate 0