03-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #12
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
The 5 series has about the same rear seating space as the E-Class and A6, but the Panamera is about a half foot longer than the F10, which would make the rear obviously larger. You can't compare the rear seats between the two anyways; the Panamera only offers two buckets, which explains why they're more nicely appointed as well. The F10 has a traditional 40/20/40 bench layout, making sculpted buckets impossible for the sake of practicality.

Feel free to ignore this post.
This is correct. I actually love the Pana and am strongly considering one as a replacement for one of my SUV's. As I mentioned before, it is unique in it's configuration. It's bigger than the mid-size sedan segment, but has no more rear seat room and one less seat. It's smaller than the full size segment, but has significantly less rear seat room. The seats and interior are fantastic in the Pana and are head and shoulders above the 5/A6/E and 7/A8/S.

In addition to the interior, it is also the best handling, best performing car in either segment. I think that was Porsche's intent from the outset and why I find a slightly smaller version far fetched. They are grabbing those in the mid-size segment that are willing to make the slight jump up in price and performance, but also satisfying those in the full size segment that don't need or want a massive car and that value performance/handling more strongly.

And to Rox's question about the F10 5 series, I just spent four days in one as a loaner. The rear seat space is more than adequate for it's class and is noticeably bigger than the E9X's.
Appreciate 0