View Single Post
      01-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
redfred18t
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Any pictures of cars with AST coilovers?

Hi everyone

I'm looking at getting new coilovers and I was wondering if anyone had any shots of their cars running on AST coilovers (preferably e90). I tried searching but came across maybe 2 or 3 decent pictures. Also, does anyone know what the actual range of adjustment is? I tried searching on AST's site but found nothing.

Background: I'm trying to decide between KW v2/v3's, Billstein PSS10's, and AST 4100's with Swift springs. I'm looking to get something that is durable but also can handle the brutal new england roads and the mileage I put on my car (roughly 20k per year). I had a set of KW v2's on my jetta and was overall happy with them, until i tried adjusting them after a few winters. I have PSS9's on my e90 now, but they are pretty shot. I'm not the original owner of them, so who knows if the previous owner abused them. Also it's kind of annoying how at max height, they are still kinda low. I dont have any experience with AST 4100's, but the forum seems to love them. It's hard to find any criticism about them, which is making me lean towards them. But I also want to make sure they will hold up to beating they will go through.

I dont want to go super low with my coilovers, but I'd like to get a nice setting for spring-fall that has a nice dropped look. Since the car is my daily, it still needs to be streetable (and I have my miata for my slammed fixation).

thanks guys!
Appreciate 0