02-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #73
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
BMW, Porsche, Audi colour choice are all dull to be honest. All of Western Europe must be colour phobic and the dealers don't help by steering customers towards Silver, Grey, Blue and Black as they will be easier to shift when traded.

When I brought my Boxster they had a brand new Yellow one in the showroom and it looked stunning especially polished under show room lights. The sales guy says 8 out of 10 says it looks stunning but only 1 out of 10 will actually buy.

My last cars have been 4 black, 1 dark blue and one dark grey and I believe they all look dirty really quick and not really any difference between them. My wifes cars have been bright red and greys and they wear dirt so much better.

Next time I will go for a lighter colour but when you come to sign on the dotted line black looks stunning.......

My choice would be Grey Exterior / Black interior or Blue / Black Exterior with a light interior. Colour is very personal and buy the colour that you feel looks good and 'you can see yourself in'.

The latest colour trend seems to be a dark metallic brown so this may come to the 3 series sport next. (Like the colour on the X1)
Thats the thing though unless you have loads of cash or are mad then most will buy a safe colour as you have highlighted. Most people have to and do take into consideration how it will affect the resale value of there car and the ease of said sale.
Appreciate 0