View Single Post
      11-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
Scoot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 992 C2s Crayon / Golf R 7.5

Servicing on a 335D

Computer say's i've another 8000 miles for next service. I've done 12500 in it now and i'm getting a little bit worried that the service intervals are so long apart.
Normally i woundn't be bothered about it but i'm kind of falling in love with this car.
I've never kept a car longer than a year but this could be the first car i'll keep for 3 years.

It just does everything so bloody well !

I now do 500 miles on a tank , it's as fast as an M3 , the ride is comfortable and it's a sporty drive for what's a heavy diesel estate.

I do have to change the rear tyre's now though but with all that torque i'm not surprised.

Got me thinking what would i replace it with ?

Was thinking a used X5 in a few years with a 3.5D engine in it or maybe another 535D if they sort the ride out ?

It's the engine, which i think in this day and age is best suited for our uk roads. Audi's - Merc diesels just don't seem to have the go that a DMS 3.5 can offer so it's seem's that aslong as the car is reliable i will be back to BMW.

I'm not starting a poll ( for obvious reasons ) but this is how i rate my 335D DMS Touring after 6 months and 12500 miles!

Performance 5/5
Ride 4/5
Handling 4/5
Ergonomics 4/5
Interior Space 3/5 ( talking more about boot space here)
Exterior Style 3.5/5 ( it's growing on me )
Fuel Consuption 5/5 ( it's no right to do 500 miles to a tank with this level of performance )

Overall i would give this car 4.5/5 . I've owned loads of car's but this is without a shadow of doubt the best allrounder i've owned!
Appreciate 0